Skip to Main Content

Driver Training and ARKS Tests

  • slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide

Do you want to become an Owner Driver?

If you decide that you want to take karting seriously, own your own kart and become the next British Formula 1 star, then you'll need a Motorsport UK competition licence to race.

The Motorsport UK competition licence is a Motorsport UK recognised and approved licence that allows the holder to race in Motorsport UK approved race meetings. The test is undertaken by an approved ARKS instructor who can also give 1-to-1 tuition prior to taking the test (an hour's session of one-to-one training costs £99, and if you need to hire one of our karts, the cost is an additional £40 per hour). The course and test is run at Three Sisters Circuit and is overseen by local ARKS licensed instructors.

If you want to know more about the course or the test, check availability, or book yourself a place, please call us on 01942 719030 or use the form opposite to register your interest, and we'll discuss the type of training that we think you'll need.

Note that we provide test sessions for owner drivers.

Circuits used for driver training (click to enlarge) :


Three Sisters Circuit is a member of the Association of Racing Kart Schools (ARKS) and is recognised by Motorsport UK / Karting UK. Private one-to-one tuition with a professional ARKS instructor costs £99 and is run on either the Club or Valley circuits.

The ARKS test costs £98 including VAT, if applicable, and includes both written and practical tests. If you should fail one part of the ARKS test, the written test can be re-taken for £50 and the driving test for £60. The hire fee for a suitable Three Sisters kart is £40.

There are some exemptions for drivers who have had a National A licence before, or who have enough signatures from Tyro/Clubman events, and in some cases these people only need to sit the written test. Check with Motorsport UK or ARKS to see if that might affect you and whether you also need to purchase a Start Karting Pack which costs £59 from (includes the cost of the first licence).

Next ARKS Test: coming soon.

For ARKS tests and 1-2-1 driver training sessions - please call the sales office on 01942 719030 for further information or to book.

Main photographs by Andrew Gale.

Call 01942 719030 or submit this form...

Learning the lines