The operator of Three Sisters Circuit, owned by Motorsport Circuit Management Ltd, (‘MCM’ as shown in the text below) is a company committed to protecting your privacy and meeting the requirements of all relevant data protection legislation.
Please read on to understand:
- what personal data we collect about you
- why we collect that personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- why we might contact you and how you can change that
- how long we retain your personal data for
- how we keep your personal data secure
- what rights you have in relation to your personal data.
In using the words ‘personal data’ in this policy, we mean any information which could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly when combined with any other information MCM may hold about you.
Personal data collected by MCM/Three Sisters
We hold the following personal information:
- Personal data that you provide to us. We store personal data you provide directly to us through for example, ticket purchases, public events on site, or via race entry forms, enquiries about our racing and event activities and by attendance at our events.
- Personal data we collect about you. We store personal data that we collect about you when you use our services and physical and online facilities. These include things such as race entries history and financial transaction information.
Reasons for collecting that personal data
We collect and store personal data to provide you with information on racing or on related services, such as attendance at our events, or based on performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We also have legitimate interests for processing your data which include:
- collecting and storing information about your preferences, likes and dislikes to provide a high level of customer service
- processing information to provide you with information about our motor or motorbike racing and other events
- processing information such as your preferences to send you tailored event details.
When MCM is relying on its legitimate interests for using your data, we will conduct an assessment to ensure that this is proportionate and fair. We may process special categories of personal data as required, such as separating junior drivers from seniors only events, so we can make special adjustments for the use of facilities at race meetings or other events, where you have chosen to make this information known to us.
Who MCM may share your personal data with
MCM may share your personal data with the following types of organisations when required:
- printing firms within the UK, to prepare and send relevant documentation to you
- mailing houses within the UK, to post out information to you
- the providers of the IT systems used by MCM
- companies and organisations with whom MCM may jointly organise events
MCM will only provide your personal information (such as name, address and contact information) to other organisations to facilitate specific matters such as race entry process and race meeting attendance.
We do not and will not share or sell your data with any third-party organisations or partners for promotional activities.
Receiving communications from MCM and how to update your preferences
Customers receive emails from MCM about race meetings, events and activities that we think may be of interest to them.
We may also send email communications to those whose personal details we have received through interest in or attendance at one of our events.
We will only contact them with their consent and anyone may opt out of future communications at any time by contacting: email@example.com
Retention of personal data
MCM retains personal data for no longer a period than required in line with our retention schedule which is based on:
- operational requirements
- legislative requirements
Security of your personal data
MCM takes the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data seriously and has implemented technical and organisational measures to ensure that your information is kept secure. Personal data and your rights under UK Data Protection legislation affords you the right to:
- correct any data we hold about you that is not correct (Rectification)
- request we delete data in some circumstances (Erasure)
- block or suppress the further processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (Restriction)
- request access to personal data that MCM holds about you (Subject Access)
- in some circumstances, receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have this transmitted to another data controller (Data Portability)
- withdraw consent where this is the legal basis for MCM processing your information
- object to processing where MCM is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Three Sisters Circuit, Three Sisters Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan WN4 8DD, if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to personal data. If you have concerns about the way we have handled your personal data, please contact us in the first instance.
Next steps if not satisfied
If you remain unsatisfied you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113, or by emailing email@example.com; or by post at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
This policy version dated 25 May 2018.